Social Media is great for businesses who want to reach out to possible new clients and gain more business. There are nearly 1 billion people in the world who have social media accounts, over 900 million people have a Facebook account and over 500 million have a Twitter account. This means that there are a lot of people out there that can mention your business and get your website known.
What are the advantages of having a Social Media page?
– You can build up an internet presence and become known :- This is important if you want your company to grow. If your competitors have social media accounts and are talking to new people every day promoting their services/products but you don’t then who do you think will be gaining more clients and sales? Making yourself known on the internet is a big deal. Millions of people use the internet every day which means there are thousands of potential clients out there waiting to hear about you!
– It’s a great way to meet potential clients and offer up your product or services :- Making yourself known is one thing but doing that and gaining new clients/sales is even better! By using social media websites you can contact people quicker and explain to them all about your company and what you do. It is a good way to promote yourself and keep them interested by keeping your accounts updated.
– Advertising other pages you may have on the internet (website, blogs etc..) :- If somebody finds out about you through your social media accounts then this is a great opportunity to redirect them to other pages that you may have on the internet, for example, your website or any blogs you might have. By re-directing them to these pages they are able to find out more about your company and decide whether they like you enough to buy your services or products.
– Build up relationships with people and offer your opinions on others pages and comments :- It’s one thing having the social media accounts but if you aren’t using them or updating them then what’s the point? You need to keep on top of everything that is going on which includes commenting on other people’s pages and updating your profile as much as you can. If you’re talking to people frequently then you can build a relationship with them and there will be a bigger chance of gaining them as a client.
– It may be easier for people to find out about you because of how popular social media websites are :- There is a bigger chance that you are going to be noticed on social media websites instead of someone finding your website or blog; so you need to keep up to date with all of your social media accounts.
– It’s a cheaper way to advertise your company as creating social media accounts is free :- Signing up to social media websites is free to do, which makes this type of advertising extremely affordable. If it’s free, it’s popular and it’s effective, why not do it? You’d be crazy not to create social media accounts!
– You can respond to people and notifications straight away :- If something changes on your social media sites you can deal with it straight away if you are logged into your accounts at the time, you will always be notified by the website if something does happen, e.g another company writing a message to you. If you have a smartphone you can change the settings so that you can keep a check of your accounts whilst on the move.
– Makes your company more visible to other people and potential clients :- Depending on how many people you have in your contact/friends list on each social media website you will make your company known to lots of other people. A good way to get yourself noticed is to make sure that you are writing good content. If your content isn’t good or not interesting then people won’t read anything that your company is posting and you could lose potential clients. Make sure that everything you are writing has a purpose and make it interesting enough that people will want to read it and remember what you have said. If someone comments on what you have written then write back to them as soon as you can, keep the conversation going as long as you can, it’s good to interact with people!